Scrounge Alert Thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

longboarder2

Feb 14, 2012
southern NJ
so, i'm the biggest cord whore in the neighborhood and am usually pretty lucky when it comes to scoring free wood. a friend of mine called me the other day with a HOT scrounge tip. I drove over there and filled the truck, but there's no way i could get it all---there's so much, plenty to go around!

i figured that i'd rather see it go to someone who would put it to good use than end up in the chipper. i thought it would be a good idea to start a scrounge thread so we could all benefit. sometimes you cant get it all or you know you won't get it in time, why not pass it along?

for instance, wed. of this passed week, Asplundh was clearing power lines, storm-downed trees and standing dead trees all along rte. 72 between manahawkin and chatsworth, nj. me and four other guys filled our trucks. i'm lucky enough right now to be 3 seasons out on wood, so i have all spring, summer, and fall to build up the pile for next nov. splitting to keep 3 yrs. out. there are piles of wood along 72 cut into 24" lengths----mostly standing dead oak, some pine, and some fresh oak. so go for it!

supposedly, they are there all this week.

Reactions: Macpolski
today's scrounge report: ridge rd. in southampton, nj between retreat rd. and new rd. three private homes getting trees down by a starving tree company---guy said take it all! filled the truck, cant get back tomorrow. all red, white, and scarlet oak.

Very nice of you to share

Very nice. Now, we need to start a thread for Maryland. lol

I am farther up the Parkway, exit 109, but see all that wood every time i head south. Keep the updates coming and i will do the same. A guy on here, Tbuff, is in between us, so maybe we can all benefit somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.