1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Scrounge Alert Thread

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by longboarder2, Jan 13, 2013.

1. longboarder2

longboarder2 New Member

Loc:
    southern NJ
    so, i'm the biggest cord whore in the neighborhood and am usually pretty lucky when it comes to scoring free wood. a friend of mine called me the other day with a HOT scrounge tip. I drove over there and filled the truck, but there's no way i could get it all---there's so much, plenty to go around!

i figured that i'd rather see it go to someone who would put it to good use than end up in the chipper. i thought it would be a good idea to start a scrounge thread so we could all benefit. sometimes you cant get it all or you know you won't get it in time, why not pass it along?

for instance, wed. of this passed week, Asplundh was clearing power lines, storm-downed trees and standing dead trees all along rte. 72 between manahawkin and chatsworth, nj. me and four other guys filled our trucks. i'm lucky enough right now to be 3 seasons out on wood, so i have all spring, summer, and fall to build up the pile for next nov. splitting to keep 3 yrs. out. there are piles of wood along 72 cut into 24" lengths----mostly standing dead oak, some pine, and some fresh oak. so go for it!

supposedly, they are there all this week.
    Macpolski likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. longboarder2

longboarder2 New Member

Loc:
    southern NJ
    today's scrounge report: ridge rd. in southampton, nj between retreat rd. and new rd. three private homes getting trees down by a starving tree company---guy said take it all! filled the truck, cant get back tomorrow. all red, white, and scarlet oak.
  3. swagler85

swagler85 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Very nice of you to share
  4. fabsroman

fabsroman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Friendship, Maryland
    Very nice. Now, we need to start a thread for Maryland. lol
  5. Gripptide

Gripptide Member

Loc:
    New Jersey
    I am farther up the Parkway, exit 109, but see all that wood every time i head south. Keep the updates coming and i will do the same. A guy on here, Tbuff, is in between us, so maybe we can all benefit somehow.