scrounge alerts: Avon/Farmington, Plainville CT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toonces

Nov 7, 2011
Farmington Valley, CT
seems like the beavers have been busy recently and since i'm on hold with my wood gathering, might as well give a heads up to whoever is interested in Central CT.

there's a pile of wood at the end of a driveway on Rte 10/Waterville Rd. around the Avon/Farmington line. it's just on the North side of that wacky curve in the road near Aqueduct. the driveway is on the right when you're heading north. it's been there for several weeks, but no signs so i'd ask.

in Plainville, near the YMCA, there's a pile of big logs that was cut within the last few weeks. looks like it's next to a business, and again, no signs. these will require a big saw.

send pics if you score. good luck and happy scrounging!

Status
Not open for further replies.