Scrounge for the week.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burnagain

Jun 22, 2012
LaGrange, GA
2012-09-27_17-39-48_465_2.JPG

Scrounged this from down the road last night. Drive by this house everyday and noticed a limb down in the front yard earlier in the week, thought I was getting into some sort of hickory or walnut. To my surprise it was pecan. This is my second small load of pecan and I've never had the pleasure of burning it before. Still has to season another year or two before burning inside but it's ability in the smoker will be tested this weekend on some babybacks and ribeyes.

Anyone tried it before?

David

Sounds awesome.....

Don't burn that, its poisonous----------------------------------Just kidding, think its great wood- most fruit woods are very good.

Pecan is in the hickory family, so you'd think the wood would be similar to other hickories. I have never burned any as Pecan usually doesn't grow here.

I'd love some pecan to try on the firepit and smoker. Some places pay decent money for pecan wood. Any BBQ's in your area?;) that stuff will burn just fine, and have a pleasant smell while burning to boot.

plenty of BBQ places around here but no interest in selling haha. I'd share some with a friend ( or a fellow hearth member) but id feel cheated if i sold it haha.

Nice quick & close score.
They all add to the total :)

I'd rather take a sample of whatever is already bbq'd or smoked

Would like to try smoking with Pecan.. Can't get that here.. Nice score!

Ray

A little wood here, a little wood there. Soon it is a lot of wood. Nice find.

Status
Not open for further replies.