Scrounge SCORE!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannynelson77

Feeling the Heat
Jan 5, 2010
PA
Look what I just scored!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1200_resize.jpg
    IMG_1200_resize.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 624
SWEEEEEEEEEET!

NIIICE!

Most excellent!!!

Looks like locust - great score.

That would have me drooling (even more than normal). What flavor is it? Looks like it could be an old growth White Oak. (my first thought was cottonwood, but I knocked that right out of my head)

Looks like it's much too dry.

Do you get the three pallets and the 8 cement blocks, too? Sweet deal.

Very Nice!!!! Some free Pallets and some free cement blocks;RIGHT ON!!!!!
What are you going to do with all that Crap on top?

Just Kidding,Nice Score.

Nice Pick Up. Looks like a lot of good heat there.

Looks like its been around for a while. I wonder how those bigger rounds will be for moisture? No matter though, nice score.

That wood looks too old, you can send it to me. :) I'd love to score that much locust!(looks like it anyway)

Looks like if you drop a round it will split itself. I would love to try locust.

That's sweet - get it split and look forward to next winter! Cheers!

LUCKY!!!

Very nice

Yes it is Locust and yes I was drooling!!!!!! This will be my first experience with Locust. Crazy how excited we get over firewood....I was like a kid in a candy store! When I went to pick it up I noticed that the trunk of the tree was still standing (about 9 feet 24 in diameter).....I told the lady I will be glad to cut that down for you and take the wood. She was like sure please do my husband just hasnt gotten around to it. Then I look behind her house and see a decent sized Locust on the ground.....said I will take that too!!

Spit one of the bigger rounds open though and was surprised to see it was still at 30%. Oh well next winters wood it is!

nonetheless said:
Nice. Locust ready for the fire.

+1 top score for sure :-O

Status
Not open for further replies.