Scrounging help from the wife.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
I was sitting in my recliner after working hard all day yesterday when my wife called. She was on a walk to the park with the kids and wanted me to get some wood she passed. She said it had a "free wood" sign on it, but some pieces were too big to move, so I'd need my saw. Long story short, that's the first time she's ever helped me with a lead for scrounged wood. She actually apologized for finding more work for me, but I was VERY happy, telling her that she'd helped me get another week worth of heat this winter. not much, but just a few blocks away from the house.

Attachments

• IMAG0058.jpg
    IMAG0058.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 366
Heck Yea!

Oh yea, never hurts to have extra eyes out there lookin.

Gotta love it!

It is always nice when the wife is willing to help even if it is just finding the wood. Looks like that tree needed to come down too with the rot showing. Good score.

Backwoods Savage said:
...Looks like that tree needed to come down too with the rot showing...
I left a 2ft piece that was below that, it was even worse, so it was definitely time to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.