scrounging tommorow...scored..pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
im off tomorow.......im scrounging some wood somewhere....dont have anything lined up yet...but im gonna find something...ill post some pics tomorow evening of what i found

little maple and white oak..not much but its in my cobalt so cant expect much

2011-09-12103616.gif

if you really need wood (as opposed to needing some time gofing off that could also yield wood) I'd either cann some tree services and ofer to take away wood (I have never done this) or contact nearby public lands. Here in PA you can cut firewood from state forests with a $15 permit, but I have never found info about this on the internet. I asked the people at the state forest office.

Don't need the wood...just looking for something to do

Your neighbors will be at work right? Bet they have trees.

jatoxico said:
Your neighbors will be at work right? Bet they have trees.

Hopefully not booby-trapped either :vampire:

Reason I'm scrounging....I have no truck just a Chevy cobalt

steeltowninwv said:
Don't need the wood...

:ahhh: not even quads, zap or dennis would say such a thing! :p

ohio woodburner said:
steeltowninwv said:
Don't need the wood...

:ahhh: not even quads, zap or dennis would say such a thing! :p

:lol:

steeltowninwv, what you got looks pretty good. Get the wood any way you can. If it is a trunkload at a time, so be it. The job can still get done. The bad part is if you need the wood for this year. That is not a good situation to be out looking for that now.

nah this is next years wood or maybe the year after

steeltowninwv said:
im off tomorow.......im scrounging some wood somewhere....dont have anything lined up yet...but im gonna find something...ill post some pics tomorow evening of what i found

little maple and white oak..not much but its in my cobalt so cant expect much

2011-09-12103616.jpg

I see you have it secured with electric fence.

Where did you find it? If you found wood already bucked, you are a better scrounger than I am.

Wood Duck said:
Where did you find it? If you found wood already bucked, you are a better scrounger than I am.
yeah that's a tough spot. I have been eating my heart out for 2 weeks with tons of beautiful wood laying by the side of the road after Irene -- the county is picking it up. I went around and threw stuff that I could lift into the truck, so I got an OK haul, but I wish I could somehow get those bigger pieces home, there was years and years worth of oak laying all over everywhere! Ugh. County has already picked up much of it. Somebody had a nice stack all bucked up, but the downed power line was strategically draped across it. Don't know whether that was on purpose but I assumed it was!!

i cut down a tiny maple and a this little whit oak at a guys house.........

Status
Not open for further replies.