Scrounging

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue2ndaries

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2011
Oregon
The last few days have been warmer (50s-60) and clear---great for scrounging. Our friends across the street cleared more of their acreage---all oak and madrone. Hard to see from the pic, but he even limbed the trunks and pulled the logs towards the road w/his tractor for us. My neighbor and I pulled 2 loads last weekend (I stacked mine on pallets) Today I went and got another load (1st 3 pics). There are easily another 5-7 loads remaining of just the logs 12"+---that's if we don't pick thru the 6-8" stuff in piles. My trailer and truck together can haul ~1.25 cord each trip.

20130302_134713.jpg20130302_134730.jpg20130302_134717.jpg20130208_165823.jpg

That's a sweet score

Nice. :cool:
I would be picking through everything. ==c

That's the way to get ahead! You may be able to take a year off of scrounging after that score! Naaaaa!

Reactions: Blue2ndaries
...You may be able to take a year off of scrounging after that score! Naaaaa!

Naaaa indeed! Taking a year off may actually be against one of the bylaws of the Firewood Hoarders Club ...:p

Naaaa indeed! Taking a year off may actually be against one of the bylaws of the Firewood Hoarders Club

You've got something there for sure. Wash my mouth out with soap!==c

Great that the farmer is helping out. Makes things much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.