SE MA Somersets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrr211

Aug 24, 2013
Massachusetts
Hi all last year I got about a ton of Somersets from the Lowes in Dartmouth MA. I was told by the manager that they are extremely rare up here. I remember reading the Forum and saw that a group had ordered a truckload and then purchased them. If so and anybody has the contact info for whoever organized I would appreciate it. I would love to get 2 tons of Somersets for this winter. They gave off the best heat of all the big box brands (and I tried just about all of them to see how they burned in my stove).

I know it's a little early but I'm trying to stay ahead of the game.

Thanks for any info

The best thing to do is get a group of people to buy at truckload from Lowes. This would be a special order of about 22 tons. This year it is about 230-250 ton. $5500 hope this will help you out

Last year the price was $4.68 a bag I believe. I know it was right around there.

I guess my ques is how can you arrange that? When speaking to Lowes manager he made it sound as if you had to know somebody to get a truck of Somersets. Didn't give me the option of buying a truckload.

Mrr211 you have a PM

Reactions: Mrr211
2010 I bought 2 ton's in the spring, got them for something like $178 a ton with discount's in Bloomfield Ct, they never got them there or any lowe's near ever again.....why I dont know, becuse like most employee's there they all think pellet's are all the same!!
PM me on how to order a trailer load please!!

call Lowes 1 800 number request to special order 22-24 tons of sets. they have to call the store, you pay up front $5000 wait for them to come in, then you have to pay for them to be delivered. one person pays for everything. I had 4 delivery charges. I drove to all locations to make sure they were all delivered correctly. If you want to step up to the plate bring you cash or CC.

$5000 upfront that CRAZY!!!!!

Yes crazy! What I will do for sets!!!! I may have issues LOL may be a big pigg!! :)

LOL, it's only on paper then you get cash from other buyer's, just need 4-5 guys commited for 5-6 ton's a piece

Status
Not open for further replies.