Seal around door on Quadrafire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobTheTomato

Oct 16, 2006
I have a question about the door on my quadrafire 4100. Last winter I noticed there was a gap between the door and the stove. I tightned the handle to draw the door in tighter but it keeps getting loose and letting extra air into the stove. Has anyone delt with this and if so how do I fix it? Thanks

What condiditon is the gasket in? The latch side can be adjusted but I am not sure the hinge side can be. Also is there a chance the door is getting warped? A Quad dealer actually talked me out of the 4100 because of the shape of the door. He said he had a few that were overfired and warped the doors, so they leaked and had to be replaced. Not saying that is your case, just something to check.

I dont think the door is warped. It seems more like the latch end is constantly loosening up and didnt know if there was something i should try to keep it tight

You can try some red lock-tite.

How old is the unit? You could order a new latch assembly from any dealer. Should be a fairly inexpensive part. I have seen latch cams that have a groove worn in them from extensive use, check that also. You can order just the latch cams. If you are just having trouble with the nut getting loose on its own try as budman suggested, any hardware store should sell thread-lock, or maybe an automotive store for hi-temp stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.