Sealing off a Wall Thimble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

msidor1972

Jan 20, 2010
N E Ohio
Its been awhile since I last posted. But I'm in the process of moving and renting out my old house. The pellet stove is coming with me. My question is.. Does anyone know of a cover made for these? I don't want to remove it. I figure the simplest way is to get a piece of stainless or galv sheet metal and caulk and screw it in place on both sides and of course pushing in some insulation. I was hoping there was a cover or plug made to seal it off.Anyone ever run into this, and what did you do?

Thanks in advance.

I'm sure there are many ways to do it, here's one off of the top of my head. Measure the outside diameter of the pipe, go to HD or Lowes to the plumbing department. Get a rubber end cap that is used to cap off a plumbing pipe. It comes with a water pump type clamp. Put it on and tighten it up....done.

Tom C.

Status
Not open for further replies.