Sealing stove pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdrcr56

Sep 8, 2006
What product is best for sealing the pipe connector joint at the stove to prevent air leaking into the exhaust stream of the stove, is there anything that can be put into a caulk gun and pushed into the joint so I dont have to disassemble the pipe?

Gasket cement can be purchased in caulking tubes and is the same material that many cast iron stoves are assembled with and usually holds gasket rope in.

What Shane didn't say is: "All products not available at BigBox stores" Find the appropriate sealer at a stove store, or a quality plumbing and heating supplier. Buy the highest rated temperature product for your application.

Rutland makes a black furnace cement that's in a caulk type tube. I just bought a tube the other day at Menards for my stove pipe. It's rated at 2000 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.