Searched the internet...and all my calendars...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBCOOPER

Minister of Fire
Jan 23, 2010
Stowe, Pa
Can't find the official date for the end of shoulder season...
Dexter, I'm trying to help you here...

Put shoulder season in the search box and you get no less than 60 links to treads where shoulder season has been discussed.
to me, it is when I am not running my stove 24/7 day in, day out, week end, week out and to when I have my stove set to run on low. The term is one of many, i.e. pellet pig, Part of the vernacular of this group of elites.

I don't know what the heck we have here. Went from -20* temps to mid 40s this weekend, now down to mid 20s, but that is still quite warm. 1 fire a day, only 3-4 logs so house isn't 100*

Help not needed buddy. Got the woodstove and Fahrenheit furnace Crankin in tandem..... I like it hot. Or at least when I keep it that way, clothes tend to shed????

Maybe now you get it????????????????????? Shoulder season or Dead of season. Its almost 80* and I love it.

When the warmest part of the day isn't above freezing(32ºF) for me anyway! Never could nail down a solid anwser.

Normally here in Maine we'd be into "winter" by now, yeah I know December 21st. However, yesterday and today are in the 50s, that all ends tomorrow and for the next several days. Turned the stove off this AM at 5:30 and did a good cleaning. Might as well, colder air rushing in for the latter part of the week and weekend.

Bank said:
Normally here in Maine we'd be into "winter" by now, yeah I know December 21st. However, yesterday and today are in the 50s, that all ends tomorrow and for the next several days. Turned the stove off this AM at 5:30 and did a good cleaning. Might as well, colder air rushing in for the latter part of the week and weekend.

As I understand it this is the last of the warm temperatures. So enjoy.

j-takeman said:
When the warmest part of the day isn't above freezing(32ºF) for me anyway! Never could nail down a solid anwser.

I agree with J on this one.

DexterDay said:
Help not needed buddy. Got the woodstove and Fahrenheit furnace Crankin in tandem..... I like it hot. Or at least when I keep it that way, clothes tend to shed????

Maybe now you get it????????????????????? Shoulder season or Dead of season. Its almost 80* and I love it.

Just trying to help with the post count. You'll need 100 a day now to make it :)

A hot stove and a cold beer.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.