Searched threads can't find an answer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

referee38

Mar 27, 2011
Eastern Pa
My Harmon p45 has done this before when turned to off it will not shut down i mean 7 hours later anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Ed

dirty esp probe, smildering pellets in ash pan, dirty heat exchangers....give a good cleaning and see if it persists. if so, could be a bad esp probe.

Some of the older stoves go way to long. Have a newer and older pc45 and there is a big difference.

I got it shut down not sure I should have done it but left hopper lid open till it stopped burning pellets left it run a little while and turned off power strip. I am about to do a good cleaning now. I do clean it very often.
Ed

I got it shut down not sure I should have done it but left hopper lid open till it stopped burning pellets left it run a little while and turned off power strip. I am about to do a good cleaning now. I do clean it very often.
Ed
I thought you were talking about the exhaust fan. As Delta stated, could well be the ESP failing or a pot switch not having a sweet spot anymore. Easy project if you have some experience in soldering and 3 switches for about $10. ESP I think someone got for around $80. Another method to stop pellet feed is to crack door to have vacuum switch open and stop pellet feed.

I just gave the stove a real good cleaning will see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.