Sears and Amazon price battle on Fiskars X27

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
check your walmarts, they're on closeout. got mine for $34, red tagged.

Reactions: jaychino415
BTW, just tested out my Fiskars hatchette this weekend. Works well, was surprised at the thick branches I could dispatch with it.

Reactions: Ashful
Got mine a few years ago and paid like 54.99. Thought I got it for a good deal:confused:. Oh we'll still happy with mine.
I did see them in Walmart also in the thirty something range.

I bought one on Amazon last night for $47, including shipping.

I didn't check Walmart, but none of the local retailers I checked (Ace HW, Lowes, HD, Sears, other local HW stores) carried this. It's funny, because I had seen it at several of these last year.

1750 I ordered mine yesterday am and got it for $45. and some change like Jaychino said. Free shipping as well. My god Amazon went up a couple bucks about 12 hrs. apart? GREED!

I bought one on Amazon last night for $47, including shipping.

I didn't check Walmart, but none of the local retailers I checked (Ace HW, Lowes, HD, Sears, other local HW stores) carried this. It's funny, because I had seen it at several of these last year.

Home depot sell the x27 @ $54.99 in my area.

Amazon goes up and down daily sometimes the same day. There is a cat seat that I have saved in my cart that I have seen go from $265 ish at the high side down to like $224 on the low side all in a month or so. That's just when I notice it.

I just ordered an X27, it was Amazons deal of the day special. There's less than an hour left at the sale price of $34.62

I used credit card points on amazon. FREE!

JP

I just ordered an X27, it was Amazons deal of the day special. There's less than an hour left at the sale price of $34.62

man ive been drooling over that one, cant believe i missed that deal, will have to wait for it again! hope its a deal for cyber monday.

Sears and Amazon are at again $40.39 today.

Just learned about this axe. Can't wait to own one. Found this vid of a guy using one. He splits some decent size rounds at about 1:50. I need a bigger (and possibly lower) splitting stump!

I got my x27 stuck in some maple the other day. I had to get old faithful 8lb true temper out to bust the wheels up.

But i did get mine at wallmart for cheap.

Just learned about this axe. Can't wait to own one. Found this vid of a guy using one. He splits some decent size rounds at about 1:50. I need a bigger (and possibly lower) splitting stump!

They are selling them at $44.39 today. I got to get my wood supply going.

Stopped by Walmart just to see if they happen to have any since it's on their website but sold out. The Assistant Manager took me outside to the garden department where all the trees and and wreaths were and opened a locked long shed full of off season garden inventory. Found the only two X 27's. They were marked $49.97. He let me have them for $40 each, $42 with tax. I took em both and am going to give one to my neighbor who lets me borrow all kinds of stuff from his garage and shed. He has a cracked/duct taped 8# maul. Can't wait to give it to him. SCORE!!!

we are talking a difference of 10-15$$ one way or the other. If it is something you want for your wood CSSing just take the plunge and stop looking to see if someone else got to save 10 bucks. I have one that is labeled Gerber and is black and grey but they are all the same and I have no clue what I paid for it. All I know is that for the price and quality it is the best deal on a splitting axe out there and up to 50$ is about 1/2 price or better of the next in line for competition.

Believe me - I am as frugal as the next guy and love getting a good deal but when it gets to the 10-15$ range just pull the trigger and start making money with it - my peace of mind has a high price tag and worrying about getting the best deal costs me more than the difference in price.

Just saying - and your mileage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.