Sears battery charger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twitch

Jul 10, 2008
Vassalboro Maine
www.colby.edu
I just got a used Sears battery charger (934.71615) without the manual. It is pretty basic, just a few switches for battery type, current selection etc. and an ammeter. How do I tell when the battery is charged? Will the ammeter go to 0 when it's done?

I've had a Sears charger for at least 20 years. I just went to have a look at it for you. Mine is a different model than yours. It has a meter on the gauge that shows 25% up to 100%. So, when it hits 100% I know that it's charged. Mine has a trickle setting for slow charging, fast charging, and a third setting that is full blast to START.

If all you have is am ammeter my guess that '0' would mean good to go.

Kenster said:
I've had a Sears charger for at least 20 years. I just went to have a look at it for you. Mine is a different model than yours. It has a meter on the gauge that shows 25% up to 100%. So, when it hits 100% I know that it's charged. Mine has a trickle setting for slow charging, fast charging, and a third setting that is full blast to START.

If all you have is am ammeter my guess that '0' would mean good to go.

0 means no current is flowing. That means one of two (three) things. The battery is fully charged (or overcharged), or the battery is dead and won't accept any charge. Sometimes a sulphated battery won't accept a charge at first, but will begin to accept one after a certain period of time. It is still usually a bad battery, but sometimes some useful life remains.

The site http://www.online-owners-manual.com/sears-owners-manuals.html has many Sears manual on line. I believe that Sears actually owns the site. You might get lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.