Sears, Roebuck & Co. wood burning stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cj7jeep187

Feb 21, 2011
Spring City, PA
Hey I recently aquired a Sear, Roebuck and Co. wood stove and was wondering if anyone had any information about it. The stove has a model # - 641-84117. The grate that goes inside the stove was broken when I got it and need to find a replacement or something that will work in its place. If anyone has any ideas on where to get parts or even making a new one somehow, let me know. Thanks in advance.

****UPDATE****
Ended up making my own grate by welding together a few layers of expanded steel, should work well. Heres a picture of the new stove next to the old one.
70aacd00.jpg

cool stove! i like the look of that style!!

ps is that an old CR on the stand?

Nice, I'm lookin at getting a supermoto soon. Might trade the KTM to offset some of the cost but I really would miss the excitement of a 2-stroke. Probably end up keeping them all. Although I think the most fun bike I have is the 1981 Yamaha MX100 haha.

got an 83 CR250R in pieces in the basement right now and a 08KLR650 pig in the garage for gas prices get to high to fill the truck! braaaaap

Are there 2 pipe dampers in that pipe?

pen

Yeah there are, it's just the way everything worked out with the old pipe and the length of pipe that came with the new stove. Do you see any possible problems with it being setup this way?

cj7jeep187 said:
Yeah there are, it's just the way everything worked out with the old pipe and the length of pipe that came with the new stove. Do you see any possible problems with it being setup this way?
Not if it draws good, I doubt that thing really ever gets choked down enough to build creosote. My dad has the same stove, pretty cool!

that's a cool stove. How long do you have to get a fire going to get some heat out of it? kinda looks like it would heat up pretty quickly.

It heats up pretty quickly, and holds a good temperature without a lot of messin with it. The garage is just cinder block construction without any insulation in the walls or roof so I'm sure I'm losing 90% of my heat but I've had it up to 70* inside while it was 10* outside. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.