Sears T1000 Tractor clunky Snow Blower hook-up before the big Nor'Easter? What lube should I use?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Does anyone have one of these clunky blowers to hook up to their tractors before the big Snow Storm?

Last year we only had one storm that I could have use it, so I did not bother!

This is the 1st time in two years I had to hook it up! Just a few hitch pins! Oh Ya!

Well it seems to work!

What lube to ya use for it?

Attachments

• T1000TractorSnowBlower (1)sc.JPG
    T1000TractorSnowBlower (1)sc.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 315
  • T1000TractorSnowBlower (2)sc.JPG
    T1000TractorSnowBlower (2)sc.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 311
  • T1000TractorSnowBlower (3)sc.jpg
    T1000TractorSnowBlower (3)sc.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 286
  • T1000TractorSnowBlower (4)sc.JPG
    T1000TractorSnowBlower (4)sc.JPG
    287.6 KB · Views: 268
  • NorthEaster12-26-2012.jpg
    NorthEaster12-26-2012.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 248
Not sure what a clunky blower is? We call them snowblowers up here.

Lube what? There should be a few zerks and that's about it.

Reactions: jgrz0610
You need to load up the lithium grease in the zerks for the blades so if the shear pin goes it doesn't keep trying to spin. (take the pins out and make sure you can rotate those blades...trust me). The gear box is supposed to be lubricated as well but I've never done mine. I spray some Jig-A-Loo (non grease/non silicone magical lubricant) down the chute and that helps keep it running well. You can always get the manual for these old beasts on Craftsman's parts direct website as a free download. Have fun blowing the slush...

No snow blower . . . just an ATV plow that was put on weeks ago. Looks like I'll be using it when I get home from work tonight.

Hello

Thanks, looks like we got mostly rain and some slush, but I hear there is another big storm coming this Saturday.

Hello

Thanks, looks like we got mostly rain and some slush, but I hear there is another big storm coming this Saturday.
I just shoveled 4" slush on my stone driveway. That's a special little slice of hell reserved just for me.

Reactions: ScotO
I just shoveled 4" slush on my stone driveway. That's a special little slice of hell reserved just for me.

Hello
Yes, Big Nor'Easter Storm was a Big Dud. See snow map below:

Attachments

• NorthEasterDud12-27-2012.jpg
    NorthEasterDud12-27-2012.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 235
When mine was new the chute auger would pack, and I used Pam and silicone spray on it ( not both, whichever I had handy ) . Now that the paint is old and faded it doesn't stick any more. I use STP oil treatment instead of white lube. It tends to last longer.
Grease on any zerks.

Hello

Well it is coming down real hard right now and the forecast here is 5" to 7" so I will be using it in the morning!

Possible Snow Watch? It is snowing hard right now! Is he kidding?
See pic below

Attachments

• NorEaster12292012.jpg
    NorEaster12292012.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 246
Hello
Yes, Big Nor'Easter Storm was a Big Dud. See snow map below:
Sounds like it missed you but it wasn't a dud. Maine got hammered pretty good. My brother got about 20" in Houlton. Haven't talked to my folks yet, but I know they got quite a bit as well.

Sounds like it missed you but it wasn't a dud. Maine got hammered pretty good. My brother got about 20" in Houlton. Haven't talked to my folks yet, but I know they got quite a bit as well.

Yes tha tis correct, even though Salem NH got No snow, the next town North of here Derry got 8 inches!

Same blower on my little Deere. (Agrifab makes them for all kinds of tractors) Grease the zerks and thats it. The gearbox is sealed. :(Lube the spring pins (for mounting) with your favorite spray lube/grease. Coat the chute with Sno-Jet, Pam, Silicone, whatever. Helps with the slop for sure and makes the powder really fly.

I usually have to angle my blower all the way down so the wind doesn't blow it all in my face. I have a 48" blower on my craftsmen yard tractor.

I usually have to angle my blower all the way down so the wind doesn't blow it all in my face. I have a 48" blower on my craftsmen yard tractor.

I always have the wind blowing it in my face. LOL

Wow, 48" I did not know they made them so big! Mine is 42" on a 17 HP Kholer Engine T1000 Tractor with 42" mower deck.

What size is your machine?

I always have the wind blowing it in my face. LOL

Wow, 48" I did not know they made them so big! Mine is 42" on a 17 HP Kholer Engine T1000 Tractor with 42" mower deck.

What size is your machine?

26hp I think. Tractor was bought new along with the blower in 1999.

Status
Not open for further replies.