Season over soon!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RORY12553

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2011
Southern NY
Burning season will be over march 12! Wife is having a c section and to think she doesn't want to bend over to put wood in the stove after the procedure! Lol I said what did they do before oil heat! She said thank god we have it now! Wish me luck and thank god one out of the three currently here likes to split wood

You're going to have to nut up and load the stove yourself?? Perish the thought! ;) ;lol
I've got the feeling burning season isn't going to be over for me until loooong after the 12th. No backup heat here. _g

You're going to have to nut up and load the stove yourself?? Perish the thought! ;) ;lol
I've got the feeling burning season isn't going to be over for me until loooong after the 12th. No backup heat here. _g

With my schedule right now they would freeze! Work 12 hour days with a hour 15 min commute so I'm gone for almost 15 hours.
No back up by choice?

Keep mama Happy or you won't be- just a word to the wise.

No back up by choice?
There is a propane heater in the basement mounted to the main floor but we've never messed with it, just got a wood stove and haven't looked back. My backup heat is another stove that I can put in (and will soon, so I can work on the main stove.)

Awesome! I only have to make the wood last for 10 more days!

Yep, been getting mighty warm down here during the day

Burning season will be over march 12! Wife is having a c section and to think she doesn't want to bend over to put wood in the stove after the procedure! Lol I said what did they do before oil heat! She said thank god we have it now! Wish me luck and thank god one out of the three currently here likes to split wood

Rory, it isn't the stove or the wood to get excited over here. It is the newcomer to the family and we congratulate you and your wife. No, I don't think it would be wise for her to be loading the stove for at least a month after a c-section. Why take chances with that?

Rory, it isn't the stove or the wood to get excited over here. It is the newcomer to the family and we congratulate you and your wife. No, I don't think it would be wise for her to be loading the stove for at least a month after a c-section. Why take chances with that?

Thank you and it was a definite joke about her loading the stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.