Seasoned Firewood in New Hampshire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdNH

Minister of Fire
Oct 14, 2009
Southern, NH
Come to the conclusion that im going to be short at least a cord of firewood to make it through the winter, as is im already burning wetter then ideal wood and its a PITA..

with that said im wondering if anyone has any good reccomendations for buying full well seasoned firewood in NH?

Im skeptical of craigslist as I dont want to end up paying a premium for wet firewood. If i cant get a good recommendation ill probably just end up paying a premium for a ton of bio bricks or a cord of kiln dried.

So does anyone know of anyone selling well seasoned full cords of firewood!?

I just bit the bullet and ordered some kiln dried to finish out the season. I'm hoping this will be the last time I pay for it other than my own time and equipment.

Yah, i thought I would possibly be able to get by this year with the wood I had, but being the first year running the oslo in this house that i have never ran a wood stove in, im sure i wasted alot of wood in the learning process, plus the wife has been out of work due to a surgery and home 24/7 for the last month feeding the stove keeping the house at 75 at all time using more wood then we normally would.

Do you mind me asking how much a cord of kiln dried goes for in MA? seems to be in the 310$ range up here. almost as bad as paying for oil!

I just bit the bullet and ordered some kiln dried to finish out the season. I'm hoping this will be the last time I pay for it other than my own time and equipment.

350-550 depending on where you look. Prices seem to be coming down a bit and suppliers are increasing in the area. I picked up a 1/3rd of a cord for 180 delivered. Guy said he was cool with me splitting a few pieces and testing...if I wasn't satisfied he would leave me a few bundles and not charge me. I doubt there will be an issue since he supplies my local stove shop what they're burning. Using it to mix with some low to mid 20s Ash that doesn't seem to like to burn alone. I'm fine for next year and probably the year after, but this is only year two of burning efficiently and last year I wasted a bunch for ambiance fires in an open fireplace. If I wasn't having another insert installed on Monday, I probably could make it through late February with my current rate of consumption. They way I see it, I bought the inserts to enjoy them and if I have to spend a little money to get to next year when I'm burning my own wood, so be it.

ColdNH - I'd be willing to help a fellow Hearth member out - but.....can't deliver. I have a lot of wood. PM me if you'd like to talk. Cheers!

Reactions: Delta-T and milleo
Status
Not open for further replies.