Seasoned wood anyone??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kflorence

Dec 1, 2008
new hampshire
Could anyone suggest a good reputable dealer for "seasoned wood". I live in the Southern NH area. I hear there are alot of not so good dealers delivering "green wood". This is my first year with a wood stove so dont really know anyone. Any suggestions?

kflorence said:
Could anyone suggest a good reputable dealer for "seasoned wood". I live in the Southern NH area. I hear there are alot of not so good dealers delivering "green wood". This is my first year with a wood stove so dont really know anyone. Any suggestions?

I think you posted in the wrong forum.....you want the Hearth Room

Moderator, please move this post.

Yeah...what macman said.

And in the meantime...call some of the folks advertising locally, and ask to go see the wood. You can judge how dry it is, and also how CLEAN it is.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.