Seasoning shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...seems a little shady to me==c.

I really can't see how this is any better than any other shed. Moisture will still get trapped as humidity inside it.

Hmmm...seems a little shady to me==c.

I really can't see how this is any better than any other shed. Moisture will still get trapped at humidity inside it.

My thoughts exactly, thought I might be missing something.

1 heavy wet snow storm and that thing would collapse.

Reactions: ScotO
Buy it.
You'll be missing $239.99.
Wet wood won't season in there, unless you roll up the sides and end flaps.
Wait, it says "cross ventilation aids the drying process".Maybe, but the ventilation better be good.
Hmmm, I could buy 1.5 cord for that, c/s/d. I'll take the wood and dry it in the sun and wind.

They can work but calling them a seasoning shed is plain old baloney. Dry the wood outside then move it inside is okay but you dare not put green wood in there. Of course you could roll up the sides. I will state that we've seen several of those in our area and none has held up more than 3 years. One fear I would have for sure is that wood can be very abrasive and those walls might not like that.

Methinks a better plan is to buy one of those steel carports. You could get one 12' wide or 20' wide. For firewood I'd think 6' sides would work nicely. fwiw, a neighbor and I discussed this a few years back and he ended up with the carport but his is tall enough so that he can drive his tractor right inside of it. I had planned on one with 6' sides but ended up with a barn instead. We may still put up a carport sometime in the future and when we do, I will use firewood for the walls, probably going 2 or 3 rows wide all way around except for where you want to place a vehicle, be that a tractor, truck or car.

Status
Not open for further replies.