Second Load of the Season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMonter

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2007
Hayden, ID
Here is the second load of the season. Got a really late start this year but a couple more loads like this and I'll be set for next year.

Attachments

• Load 2 Driver Side.jpg
    Load 2 Driver Side.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 466
  • Load 2 Rear.jpg
    Load 2 Rear.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 446
Looks like a nice load of Douglas fir? I miss that beautiful wood. I know what a late start feels like. When I moved up here it was fall and no wood period. Did lots of hunting around for fire kill that year.
I know yours is for next season. Its always like having money in the bank. I see you are favoring your two huskies on your trips.
Do you take the others for a walk once in awhile?
Cheers

Yeah I try to get all Doug Fir or Tamarack since they are the best two woods to burn around here. I tend to use my Huskies the most and the MS440 has been loaned to a fellow woodcutter for the season since he damaged his saw and it's in the shop. I do take the other saws out on occasion but I would say the 056 gets the least use of any of my saws.

Will the fir and tamarack be your main fuel, or do you have hardwoods too?
Nice truck load. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.