Second season with the Madison

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silenced38

Feeling the Heat
Apr 11, 2014
Southeast Oklahoma
Well after a questionable start last season. The Madison and i are starting to understand each other or more correctly I'm learning to speak Madison. It was quite a change to go, from a smoke dragon, to an EPA stove. But it has been worth it. I burn less wood and the house is way warmer. Most nights I'm sitting around in my shorts. I've been getting consistent burn times of 8 hours with 3/4 loads. Thats from lighting the match and back down to 200* stove top temp. And where does the ash go? I've burnt 2 loads a day for a week before taking out any ash. With the smoke dragon i had to take ash out daily. For those looking at the Madison for the AAS system. Ive been using it every load this last week and it has been working great. Tho i wouldn't load it up and leave. I've had it stick a few times. If i set it and then bump it in just a hair. Then it seems to work every time. I owe my success to Hearth.com and its members. If it hadn't been for this site then i probably would have gone back to the smoke dragon. So big thanks to the members here for all the help! THANKS

Reactions: WayneN
Thanks for the update. It's good to hear that the stove is working well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.