Second Supplement Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhungy

Feeling the Heat
Jan 7, 2010
Fingerlakes
Since I am unable to move the heat from my Avalon Astoria to the other end of my house, I am considering getting a smaller stove for that side of the house. Right now there is a small vented LP space heater that is pass its prime. I would like to replace it with another pellet stove. I am looking at the 5510 King Pellet Stove from Tractor Supply. Obviously its price is what is attractive to me $999.99. This is ridiculous compared to what I paid for my Astoria. Being a secondary heater of course I would like to spend less on it. I would like opinions on this stove and any other suggestions for stoves in that price range.

That is exactly what I did. I went with the Englander product and after getting it to run right AND PRODUCE SOME BETTER HEAT, with the help of other folks on this forum, am now very happy with it. If you are going to go the less expensive route, realize you will be pretty much on your own re tech advice with most brands. The big box stores only sell them,they don't want to do any follow-up. Englander, on the other hand has a FIRST RATE tech help line and the chief tech, Mike Holton is a contributing member here. You might consider a refurbished Englander on E Bay which would probably fit your budget well. My $.02 for what it is worth. Happy burning........................

Well I hope I made the right decision going with the more expensive avalon. I don't believe its the stoves fault it can't heat my space. I'm just wondering if another stove is overkill, and if the King stove is worth the price.

Can't speak for the King, but an Englander 25 would surely suffice. I had the same issue with my Quad 3100i for the past 4 years, got the Engalander last fall and could not be more pleased. I'm pushing 70's in about 800 sqft on the lowest heat setting (with minor tweaking).

Good luck with the decision

This is the guy I bought my Englander 10-cpm from. Totally refurbished by Mike Holton & his techs, full warranty, and free shipping. You most likely can win the auction at offering price, or close to it. Perfect for smaller space you need heated.

PM me if you have any questions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TimberRidge-Pel...ltDomain_0?hash=item3ca93fea5e#ht_1855wt_1053

EDIT: my mistake...this is a BRAND NEW stove w/ a minor blemish in one side panel......how can you beat that??

I just purchased the same stove from the same seller that macman suggested over the weekend. they shipped it tuesday and should be here tomorrow. got it for $796.00. Also looked at the pellet king 5510 at TSC but after hearing the good things on here about the englander stoves i went with the refurbished one. This being my first stove the tech support might be a big issue for me.

Mine was refurbished not new.

What is the difference between the 10 CPM and the 25 PDVC

Werm said:
What is the difference between the 10 CPM and the 25 PDVC

The 10-cpm is a multi-fuel stove (pellets, corn, cherry pits, etc). 25pdvc is just pellet.

macman said:
This is the guy I bought my Englander 10-cpm from. Totally refurbished by Mike Holton & his techs, full warranty, and free shipping. You most likely can win the auction at offering price, or close to it. Perfect for smaller space you need heated.

PM me if you have any questions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TimberRidge-Pel...ltDomain_0?hash=item3ca93fea5e#ht_1855wt_1053

EDIT: my mistake...this is a BRAND NEW stove w/ a minor blemish in one side panel......how can you beat that??

Thanks for the info... I will look into it. I will be retrofitting a existing masonry chimney. I found these folks
http://www.ventingpipe.com/index.cfm?page=search:browse&categoryID=12374

shipping is $45.00 should I be looking some where else for a vent kit?

Thanks

dhungy said:
Thanks for the info... I will look into it. I will be retrofitting a existing masonry chimney. I found these folks
http://www.ventingpipe.com/index.cfm?page=search:browse&categoryID=12374

shipping is $45.00 should I be looking some where else for a vent kit?

Thanks

If my memory serves me right, there were people that bought from them, and had lots of problems getting their stuff....Yep, here is one i found:

www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/45391/#496730

Do yourself a favor.....just call Eric at Kinsman stoves...good prices, and will ship the stuff right out. Member on the forum, too

www.kinsmanstoves.com

Try him at the Brookfield store 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.