Secondaries anyone?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of thermometer is that? Something like that would be great if I didn't have to constantly get up to see what I'm running at.

It's a PID controller. You can find the on E-bay for less than 50 bucks.

Reactions: claydogg84
Here's another video of the Drolet 1800 in action. I also have a little fan with a brushless DC motor. It's super quiet with no 60hz hum.

Mesmerizing - like the old Yule Log television show...

I am going on second year with the 1800. Stove has worked really well for us and now that I have very dry wood my 1st chimney clean produced almost no flakes of creosote unlike last year when I was burning wet wood. Easy to get secondaries going on this stove and it only got away from me once when I forgot to watch it during startup. I like the fan your using, i might try that myself.

Reactions: realstihl
So is the controller using thermocouple feedback to control the fan?
Yes sir. Also I've been following your build on the stove control. Very interesting. Keep us updated.

Beautiful. Never get tired of seeing that. We will run ourselves out of the stove room some evenings just watching the light show.

Yes sir. Also I've been following your build on the stove control. Very interesting. Keep us updated.

Cool. Will do. I'm setting it aside until after Christmas then will pick things back up again. Busy week!! Just had a new Harman Accentra 52i installed today. Fun stuff !

Status
Not open for further replies.