Secondary burn issue -- lopi declaration plus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that declaration and cape cod insert are pretty much the same stoves. My cape cod with no block of plate uninsulated liner and maybe a 15' of flue with a decent wood has a secondaries from hell. Sometimes it's scary looking almost like a river of fire pouring out of the tubes. But it needs good wood and stove has to get hot.

Any updates from the end of the season last year? I'm going to get the Cap Cod insert installed in the next month. I have 2 cords of 100% ash that has been split, stacked and seasoned for 1 cord at 3 years and the other cord at 4 years. I tested one split that i split in half and measured it on the fresh split side at 13-14%.

Thanks,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.