secondary burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

relax

what exactly is a secondary burn and any comments on the heritage soap stone stove...i just bought one to heat a 1500sq ft ranch.../any thoughts

There are plenty of posts covering this topic if you search that term. Also, You Tube has some videos. I'm guessing from members of this forum:)

cmonSTART said:
Secondary burn is the burning of the smoke that comes from the burning of the wood accomplished either by baffling or by a catalytic combuster in your stove.

How does it burn the smoke :wow:

SlyFerret said:
With the lights turned down, and some Floyd playin' in the background!

-SF

Thats what i thought.

SlyFerret said:

-SF

Reminds me of the Shoe in 1994

BTW, I'm very happy with the heritage. great stove. Get the stove top on the center stone to about 350 and you will drive yourself out of that 1500 sq ft. I like to get mine to about 500 and keep it burning with the secondary. That heats a 2500 sq ft. uninsulated brick house to 67 or 68 when the temp outside is below 20

sawdustburners said:
johnnywarm said:
cmonSTART said:
Secondary burn is the burning of the smoke that comes from the burning of the wood accomplished either by baffling or by a catalytic combuster in your stove.

How does it burn the smoke :wow:
smoke is hot secondary hot air is added= flash

Still :-S

SlyFerret said:

-SF

I've always found Tangerine Dream more appropriate, but to each his burn... :coolsmile:

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.