Secondary Tube Fell Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
One end of a secondary air tube fell down. Hopefully, no biggie, but I have to wait until things cool down to get at it. So, might be a little cool in the morning. :(

Ouch!

On of the many things that happen after ya load it up where you say "Could we start this all over?".

Well, I let the fire go out, more or less, overnight and did what the manual said: put the tube in a vise grip and hit it with a hammer. It's a lot less "elegant" than the Quadrafire way of clips-never had a problem with those. I think I removed that tube for cleaning and maybe didn't pound it in enough, although I thought I did. BTW, I had to use the vise grip/hammer method to get the tube out for that. Maybe I'll try to squeeze the brush past it next time. Anyway, coming back up to temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.