Secondary tubes on Waterford trinty

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shweebies

Oct 22, 2008
Central Texas
My secondary tubes are broke, like in half. Is it safe to still burn the stove? I searched on line for new tubes, can't find them. Guess I will call or email Ireland tomorrow. Does anybody here know where else I can find these tubes? The husband is a metal worker. Could he just make new ones? Any pointers would be apreciated. Thanks!

I wouldn't burn without the tubes. Yes they can be made, but be careful of the pipe diameter. I suspect it's metric which would make it a bit harder to match, but not impossible. The holes need to be exactly the same size and spacing. Stainless tubing would be best.

Or call Woodman's Parts Plus in the morning and see if they can help you:

http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/catalog.aspx
(603) 522-8216

Thanks so much for the info. I have a fire in the stove now. I just realized they were broke when restoking. Can I just let the fire go or should pour water on It and put it out? I will call in the morn. :)

I would let it go out don't bother. Pouring water on it jest don't burn it
To hot!!!!!!!

maple man said:
I would let it go out don't bother. Pouring water on it jest don't burn it
To hot!!!!!!!

water that sounds bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.