Secure Temp Chimney Pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thavg

Aug 15, 2009
Michigan, Go Blue
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Secure Temp chimney pipe? I have a local dealer close to me that sell Napoleon stoves and the chimney he carries is Secure Temp. I looked online and it just seems like it is hard to find much info on it and I haven't heard much talk about it here. Any input is as always appreciated!

K well it doesn't seem like I am getting much response on this. I looked into it a bit more and I guess it is made by Security Chimneys International out of Montreal anyone have any input on them?

Their site shows a UL103 HT Class A pipe that would appear to be as good as anything else out there. But I'm not an engineer.

One thing I like about this company is that I have seen on the website they have a roof flashing to go through a peak and I haven't seen that with any other companies. Seems like going through a peak would weaken the roof. Anyone have a chimney through a peak? If so how did the install go?

Status
Not open for further replies.