see-through fireplace inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfurmanek

Oct 28, 2007
Northeast Ohio
I have a see-through fireplace between the living room and family room. About 6 years ago I had a ventless gas log set put in.
It looks nice but the heat output / fuel cost is very poor. I want to convert back to wood and have been searching for an insert to increase the efficiency / heat output I'll be getting out of it. So far I’ve found a company in Canada that makes an insert that can be custom sized to fit my opening but they have been hard to deal with so far. Does anyone know of any company in the US that makes see-through fireplace inserts? I've found a couple of companies that make see-through fireplaces designed for new construction but not a retro fit insert.

I've seen them on the English sites, but not so far on the US stove sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.