Seek Thermal Camera

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you checked to see if there are any cheaper prepaid droid phones that are compatible? I just bought a $25 'phone' just to interface with my cars OBD bus.
I'm interested in hearing more. I have a cheap BT interface that I've been using with the Torque app for my our hybrid highlander.
Maybe we should start another thread on this.

You can get an ATT GoPhone refurb (with sim card) on FleaBay for $25. It a low-end android device, but it has a touchscreen and all that. Little pokey perhaps, but fine for a BT interface device.

Well....I didn't get a seek thermal camera for christmas, but I did get a 4 way wedge for the log splitter. Anyhow, I went ahead and ordered a seek thermal cam today. I'm a little bummed that it will be warming up, but still hopefull the temperature difference between the inside and outside will be enough to find leaks.

There ain't no beating a FLIR!

IR_0494.jpg IR_0487.jpg IR_0492.jpg

IR_0440.jpg IR_0571_util_room_zone_valves.jpg IR_0529_mstr_bed_north_window.jpg

I'm sure, but out of my budget. For $250 the Seek should do what I need.

There's no home depot in the state of Ohio that has them. I also checked online to rent, and it was in the range of at least $300 for a rental, while an energy audit was going to be in that range with an IR camera. The man I called who did it, also doesn't use a blower door. I've done extensive remodeling on our home as well as an addition and for the money, it will serve the purpose. For only $250, it will do everything I need and the price is right.

Reactions: Ashful
If you have a buddy with a local fire department they may be willing to drop by with an IR camera. FDs typically keep them to identify hot spots.

It's probably getting a bit late in the season to do this, but I would like to do a FLIR test on the house. Will ask someone I know at the fire station.

I told my co-workers just a few more -10° days so I could try out my camera. They just thought I was crazy lol.

Well got it, even with it being the upper 40's, the drafts throughout the house are showing. There's quite a few. Here is a pic of the stove after cooking.

img_thermal-1821424698.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.