Self install questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireAnt

Minister of Fire
Dec 18, 2009
Central CT
I got the stove and I am ordering the pipe soon (just shopping around)

I don't mean to make it sound this easy but I want to get a few things straight from people on here. It is more for my own piece of mind.

6"x 20' SS liner going down a structurally sound well cleaned chimney to a Summers Heat 13 stove/Block off plate, add well seasoned wood and gain some burning knowledge and respect the stove and I have a sound set up.

I have friends that have put in pellet stoves to help me with this. I am just asking because I really respect everyone's opinions on this site.

Anyone with any experience installing this stove into there fireplace please post. I searched a lot on this topic and found some posts.

Thanks again for all the help up to this point.

Anthony

I don't see any questions Anthony?

Sorry about that...

6"x 20’ SS liner going down a structurally sound well cleaned chimney to a Summers Heat 13 stove/Block off plate, add well seasoned wood and gain some burning knowledge and respect the stove and I have a sound set up.

Does that all look good? Will that make for a sound set up? Is that all it takes to get myself up and running? Sorry for the confusion I clicked to post to get it out there. I had had my 5 year old complaining of a belly ache that turned into a stomach bug...

You're going down a masonry chimney correct? If so, that seems fine.

Would it be appropriate to insulate the new SS liner?

Yes it's going down a masonry chimney.

Got you. I would imagine you're in good shape.

I'm not sure if insulation would be necessary or not. I'm sure others will chime in.

I have read other posts where people did the same install as myself and didn't insulate. Maybe someone can give some input?

Status
Not open for further replies.