Selkirk DT & running pipe through a flat rubber roof

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krik

Jan 24, 2012
Windham ME
Any suggestions on having a concentric pipe like Selkirk DT terminate vertically through a flat EDPM roof? I found Selkirk's "rubber boot flashing kit" that seems to have what I'd need, but I just can't find much in general about pellet pipe & EDPM roofing.

Thanks!

What is it you need to know? I would think if CTC are maintained it should be just fine.

I'm hoping someone here has or has installed a through-the-roof setup with a flat roof. I can't find specific info (i.e., install guides or other manufacturer info) on this topic, and while I can theorize about what should or shouldn't work I would prefer to hear what actually works.

So yes, I think the rubber boot kit should work because it takes care of CTC and roof membrane adhesion. But I really don't want to mess it up.

Might be best answered by someone who installs rubber roofs.
Let us know how you make out, could help others in the future.

Reactions: Defiant
I have done a couple of wood stove installs thru flat tar roofs. One in particular I had to go back and rectify (it was in the middle of the winter and needed to torch materials for them to adhere) my recommendation would be to build up around the flashing so the water does not puddle against it. I used a premixed flexible rubber/tar compound (got it at a local hardware store) consulting a roofer might be in your best interest as smoke already mentioned as to what compounds/methods to use. Good luck and keep us posted.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.