selkirk dtm pricing, huh!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanhoe

Feeling the Heat
Dec 27, 2008
great white northern ontario
I just got a quote back for a up & out selkirk dtm black vent with 66 inch rise and nearly fell on the floor. Now I see why people go the other route with the separate air intake. This quote was from a wholesaler so i figured having a decent price. At first I was quoted a dt black vent which was reasonable but the dtm was close to 30% more, ouch! Any way to have one shipped to Canada for a reasonable price or am I dreaming! It's for my Fahrenheit multi-fuel furnace. Pm me if you could help on the pricing.
Sorry for the rant but my oh my!

Hello

The black painted pipe is alot more that the non painted. I use a can of Flat Black Auto Header Paint as a primer and Stove Bright Satin Black for the finish coat. That really $aves ! ! !

Also the multi-Fuel DTM is alot more expen$ive than the just the Pellet and Corn DT.

So you can save even more there.

PM me with your email if you want to know more.

Don gave me a pretty good price on my DT. It may behoove you to see what he can do. I was gonna go the fEebay route. But he made it worth my while. I have since bought some paint from him also. I always like to get a decent deal and help a member along the way.

Thanks Dexter

Can't wait till it gets cold so we can compare our new bottom feeders using the DT venting!. :)

Reactions: DexterDay
Don gave me a pretty good price on my DT. It may behoove you to see what he can do. I was gonna go the fEebay route. But he made it worth my while. I have since bought some paint from him also. I always like to get a decent deal and help a member along the way.

I see that Don gives a very good price but I'm afraid to see what the shipping will be. Having the DTM keeps my options open on the fuel choices for my Fahrenheit furnace. The furnace previous owner burned wheat and was happy with the results. I need to figure out if i really need the DTM vent or go with the DT.

Hello

The DTM uses AL29-4c which is needed for wheat.

The DT is 304 Stainless which is still good long lasting pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.