Selkirk Pellet Piping with Outside Air Included?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew1024

Jan 29, 2008
Central NJ
Anyone use the selkirk direct temp pellet piping for their installs? Seems interesting because the piping is a 6 inch outer with looks nice cosmetically, and also brings outside air in with a 4 inch inner. This means you only need one hole in your house, that being the termination. Never heard of selkirk, though, thoughts?

I used it, going on 3 years now and I burn (used to anyway!) a lot of corn which can be tougher on the vet due to acids forming. As you mentioned, it looks more like a traditional wood stove vent and only 1 hole. What type of stove do you have? One thing I learned the hard way was that once you put the peices together, you're not getting them apart any time soon! Selkirk is a huge manufacture of venting of all types among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.