Selkirk piping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baston8005

Oct 17, 2007
East of Hartford, CT
Ok, my pellet stove exhaust was installed using simpson duravent. I straight shot thru the wall. I am in the process of siding my house and my contractor talked me into a chimney chase made of wood to get the pellet exhaust above the roof line. Yesterday I spent a few hours onthe phone with different pellet stove dealers. The consensus is I need to convert my simpson duravent 3 inch to 4inch exhaust. I need 25 ft, a 4inch collar, 3 straps and a 4inch rain cap. How does that sound? Also, I found selkirk at Lowes for about 1/3 the price of duravent and Icc exhaust piping.
Can I attach my simpson duravent to selkirk? I'll be saving about $275 if I can use Selkirk.

The inner lining has to be stainless steel, the temperature rating for pellet venting is 575F degrees. The stuff from Lowe's is for gas which has a lower temperature rating w/aluminum inner liner. Check this guy out, so far this is the best I can find w/free shipping over $100.00. http://www.northlineexpress.com

Hoverfly said:
The inner lining has to be stainless steel, the temperature rating for pellet venting is 575F degrees. The stuff from Lowe's is for gas which has a lower temperature rating w/aluminum inner liner. Check this guy out, so far this is the best I can find w/free shipping over $100.00. http://www.northlineexpress.com/category/chimney-pipe.asp

Maybe its just me but I could not get that site to work. They may just be down as well. Anyone get in???

Try the link again, It worked for me but I edit it to the main web page.

Nope still no go. Tried it on three different computers, two different internet connections. Still no go.

mralias said:
Nope still no go. Tried it on three different computers, two different internet connections. Still no go.

Did you try to just type it in the address bar? If that does not work I don't know what to tell ya.....problem is at your end.

Got it to work after a google search and clicked the link. Took for every to load but was worth the effort. Nice site gots lots of good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.