1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baston8005

Baston8005 Member

Loc:
    East of Hartford, CT
    Ok, my pellet stove exhaust was installed using simpson duravent. I straight shot thru the wall. I am in the process of siding my house and my contractor talked me into a chimney chase made of wood to get the pellet exhaust above the roof line. Yesterday I spent a few hours onthe phone with different pellet stove dealers. The consensus is I need to convert my simpson duravent 3 inch to 4inch exhaust. I need 25 ft, a 4inch collar, 3 straps and a 4inch rain cap. How does that sound? Also, I found selkirk at Lowes for about 1/3 the price of duravent and Icc exhaust piping.
    Can I attach my simpson duravent to selkirk? I'll be saving about $275 if I can use Selkirk.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. hoverfly

hoverfly Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern NH
    The inner lining has to be stainless steel, the temperature rating for pellet venting is 575F degrees. The stuff from Lowe's is for gas which has a lower temperature rating w/aluminum inner liner. Check this guy out, so far this is the best I can find w/free shipping over $100.00. http://www.northlineexpress.com
  3. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    Maybe its just me but I could not get that site to work. They may just be down as well. Anyone get in???
  4. hoverfly

Loc:
    Southern NH
    Try the link again, It worked for me but I edit it to the main web page.
  5. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    Nope still no go. Tried it on three different computers, two different internet connections. Still no go.
  6. hoverfly

Loc:
    Southern NH
    Did you try to just type it in the address bar? If that does not work I don't know what to tell ya.....problem is at your end.
  7. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    Got it to work after a google search and clicked the link. Took for every to load but was worth the effort. Nice site gots lots of good stuff.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.