Selkirk TD venting and Harman stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP52NOVA

Dec 11, 2014
Northern Virginia
I have a Harman 52i insert and in need to move my venting as a new porch is going in right under my current vent.

The current setup has a horizontal 6 feet run and an OAK. Piping is 4inch Selkirk PL.

I was looking at the Selkirk Direct Temp product - where the OAK and venting is combined into one pipe. I read here that some people are using it on their stoves and are happy with it. However, the dealers in my area seem to shy away from it: some telling me its problematic and not supported by Harman...

So, does anyone use Selkirk TD with a Harman stove (preferably insert)? do you like it? is it a good idea to install it or just stick to regular PL venting? I do plan to keep an OAK in any configuration...

Thanks!

I don't know about it not being supported. I just leafed through the install manual, they spec PL pipe for direct vent or flex pipe in an existing chimney only. In either case the oak is highly recommended. Here's a link for e manual...

http://downloads.hearthnhome.com/installManuals/ACC52i_I.pdf

Maybe call a different dealer/installer from out of the area to get a second opinion.
Good luck...
Ps love the look of the 52i!

Status
Not open for further replies.