Selkirk Vacuum Cleanout cap.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim2074

Feb 21, 2014
Eagle River,WI
Hello

I have a Harman XXV with Selkirk direct vent with OAK vented thru the roof. On the bottom there is a Selkirk Vacuum Clean out cap. What is the best way to clean the vent pipe. Do I just hook my ash vac to it or do i still need to run a brush thru the pipe from the roof down while vacuum is on. Looking for advice.

You can also run the brush from the bottom up with the vacuum on, may be easer and safer (wont find me on a roof)

You can also run the brush from the bottom up with the vacuum on, may be easer and safer (wont find me on a roof)
To go from the bottom up with lint eater you wouldn't you have to remove the whole vacuum clean out section of the pipe on the bottom which defeats the purpose of the clean out cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.