1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Seminar on wood pellet stoves

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by muss, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muss

muss Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Embden, Maine
    I was just thinking :-/ . With all this down time for people that are waiting for their stoves, there should be a 1/2 day seminar for using & upkeep of stoves. I don't think it would cost the manufacturer that much & it would show good will. What are you folks' take on that . It would seem to me that it would make life easier for a lot of people ;-) Muss

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. adrpga498

adrpga498 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Great idea. I'm more of a lurker here then a writer although I've been here a few years I need to know more about pellet stoves due to the fact I may be taking a part time job at a stove shop. My business, ( golf )gets slow in the winter and I really enjoy the woodburning during the "off" season. I figured maybe I could get some income while helping others. Now I need to educate myself on pellet stoves . Hope everyone has a good season, warm and safe.
  3. packerfan

packerfan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    frozen tundra
    I found that the DVD that came with my englander was very helpful. It was very informative, and I have gone back to look at parts of it at different times. Although it didn't cover every possible question that one might come up with, it did answer a lot of questions I did and still do have as far as stove operation and maintainence.

That being said, I think that a seminar of some sort would be very helpful to first time users. I know I had lots of questions when I first purchased my stove, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

I am glad I found this forum, as it has been one of the most useful forums around concerning pellet stove.
  4. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    The Quad Fire DVD that came with my CB1200I is great and very helpful. I set my stove up with a laptop and alot of pushing of the pause button to get it right. A small seminar is not a bad idea at all. Groups of 5 to 10 people and let them do a hands on with a few stoves. Great marketing idea. Almost like the Homedepot thing they do on different projects. I like it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.