Seminar on wood pellet stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
I was just thinking :-/ . With all this down time for people that are waiting for their stoves, there should be a 1/2 day seminar for using & upkeep of stoves. I don't think it would cost the manufacturer that much & it would show good will. What are you folks' take on that . It would seem to me that it would make life easier for a lot of people ;-) Muss

Great idea. I'm more of a lurker here then a writer although I've been here a few years I need to know more about pellet stoves due to the fact I may be taking a part time job at a stove shop. My business, ( golf )gets slow in the winter and I really enjoy the woodburning during the "off" season. I figured maybe I could get some income while helping others. Now I need to educate myself on pellet stoves . Hope everyone has a good season, warm and safe.

I found that the DVD that came with my englander was very helpful. It was very informative, and I have gone back to look at parts of it at different times. Although it didn't cover every possible question that one might come up with, it did answer a lot of questions I did and still do have as far as stove operation and maintainence.

That being said, I think that a seminar of some sort would be very helpful to first time users. I know I had lots of questions when I first purchased my stove, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

I am glad I found this forum, as it has been one of the most useful forums around concerning pellet stove.

The Quad Fire DVD that came with my CB1200I is great and very helpful. I set my stove up with a laptop and alot of pushing of the pause button to get it right. A small seminar is not a bad idea at all. Groups of 5 to 10 people and let them do a hands on with a few stoves. Great marketing idea. Almost like the Homedepot thing they do on different projects. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.