Senseless testosterone filled picture thread,post "your current version hot rod"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

struggle

Minister of Fire
Oct 24, 2006
NW Iowa
I realize this is a pretty heavy green oriented board but post your current performance car.

Here is ours 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
6.0L 361 hp 6 speed auto it puts smile on me every time I drive it. 0-60 in 5.3 seconds and 13.7 in the quarter mile.

tandem044.jpg

1973 Challenger - This pic was taken awhile back. The car is currently in a much more "assembled" stance. Small block, punched out, cam'd, swirl port heads, mallory ignition and ready for exhaust (what little of it I plan on sticking under it. %-P )

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1,040
My brother in laws, but he lets me use it whenever I want. I put together a local cuise night in my town and use this whenever we have the event. Thing is an utter blast to drive and its absolutely amazing how many people swear up and down that they used to have a car "just like it", but got rid of it.

Attachments

• 57.JPG
    57.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 994
Jags me want to see a more complete picture. I like the looks of that color. I bet it is very sharp. What was the original color?

The 57 Chevy is undeniable the most classic/vintage car ever in my mind.

struggle said:
Jags me want to see a more complete picture. I like the looks of that color. I bet it is very sharp. What was the original color?

The original color was gold. I purchased the car in black and now its blue (a corvette blue that changes shades). Yeah, I have to agree that when all washed up and spit shined it is a very sharp color. I don't have any current pics. It is still a project in the works. It is completely assembled now, with the exception of door panels and exhaust. Oh, and I have new rims to put on it. Probably gonna be awhile before I get back to it, but hey, I have owned it since 1990. Its not going anywhere.

'36 Ford pickup. All original when I got it. The Dearborn-type restoration zealots would shoot me for what I've done to the chassis. Hope I can finish it before I'm too old to drive it. %-P Rick

Attachments

• ford1.jpg
    ford1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 962
  • ford2.jpg
    ford2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 953
Jags said:
1973 Challenger - This pic was taken awhile back. The car is currently in a much more "assembled" stance. Small block, punched out, cam'd, swirl port heads, mallory ignition and ready for exhaust (what little of it I plan on sticking under it. %-P )
My buddy had a 70 or 71 Challenger that had the 440 six pack scoop, but we later found out it had a 426 with duel quads from the factory. What you think that would be worth today? We went 136 in it with me sitting behind him watching the speed.

Shipper

Shipper50 said:
but we later found out it had a 426 with duel quads from the factory. What you think that would be worth today?

An original 426 with dual quads is a "sky is the limit" type car. If you get a couple of people that get into a bidding war, it could easily get into 6 digits.

As far as speed goes, yeah, the last plane that nailed me when I brought the car home from SoCal. claimed I was doing 138 MPH. The Bastage! :shut:

Jags said:
Shipper50 said:
but we later found out it had a 426 with duel quads from the factory. What you think that would be worth today?

An original 426 with dual quads is a "sky is the limit" type car. If you get a couple of people that get into a bidding war, it could easily get into 6 digits.

As far as speed goes, yeah, the last plane that nailed me when I brought the car home from SoCal. claimed I was doing 138 MPH. The Bastage! :shut:
The bad thing is he sold the car around 75 or so and I know he only paid less than $4000 for it new. The other bad thing was we went 136 on a snowy road back when we were really stupid. :roll:

Shipper

My hubby's got a 2004 Audi A8L with a 4.2L engine. She's got 330hp @ 6,500rpm. What can we say she's a little curb heavy at 4,400 lbs. - 0-60 in 6.3 secs. 14.2 in the 1/4 mile. We hear 160mph top, but US models are limited to 130mph. She gets 17mpg city/24mpg highway. A pleasure to drive.

Attachments

• Audi A8L.jpg
    Audi A8L.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 857
My current version of a German muscle car. One car away from the real 3 series muscle car, that being the new 2008 M3. This is my 335i (3.0L Twin turbo) 6sp coupe with 300 hp and 300 lbs torque. It has the giddy-up to get to 60 in 5.2 according to BMW. Motortrend clocked it at 5.1 and C&D;clocked it at 4.9. I have no idea but it's sure fun to get on it when I can.

Attachments

• 335i.JPG
    335i.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 812
Wow, other than the grill, that hardly even looks like a BMW. I'll bet it's a nice car to drive...

Wet1 said:
Wow, other than the grill, that hardly even looks like a BMW. I'll bet it's a nice car to drive...
It sure is but a little hard on the bumps due to the low profile run flat tires. You learn to avoid any surface deviations quickly with this car. BMW got caught up in the hp/torque wars and designed this 335i and realized it was as powerful and fun as the current (at that time) M3. The ride and tranny is much more tame than the older M3. I'm not knocking the old M3, but it was hardly civil enough to be a daily driver. The new M3, hmmm, they combined the best of both worlds. A mode for urban streets and a mode for the track and a V8 under the hood!

Salsa soft tail frame modified with a Carbon Fiber "lefty" front fork
carbon fiber bars
carbon fiber cranks
29 inch wheels outfitted with tubeless tires
weighing in at 25 lbs

Does this qualify as a "hot rod"? :)

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 701
sullystull said:
carbon fiber bars
carbon fiber cranks
weighing in at 25 lbs

Do you still call it a "fork" even if its only got 1 arm??

Delta-T said:
sullystull said:
carbon fiber bars
carbon fiber cranks
weighing in at 25 lbs

Do you still call it a "fork" even if its only got 1 arm??

maybe we should call it a knife instead

This was my hotrod last year, my business and two kids forced sale, I will eventually get over it. 1700cc EFI is a very sweet thing!

Attachments

• IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 432
Took me awhile to find a photo, but this is my project car. 1964 Triumph Spitfire. Currently I've got it wrapped up and off the ground so it doesn't get any worse than it already is. I
ve verified that all the mechanicals are there adn work as well as can be without replacing them. I've even driven it which was a rush...the thing is so small and unbelievably low that I had the living hell scared out of my by a Subaru Justy because I was looking up at the things grill...seriously, the roof is below my waist.

Attachments

• Spitfire.JPG
    Spitfire.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 396
You guys should be ashamed of yourselves I thought this Forum was about being "green" and the support of conserving fossil fuel!

OBT this is what keeps me busy all summer :)

Sorry had to!

Attachments

• IMG00040 - Copy [800x600].jpg
    IMG00040 - Copy [800x600].jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 363
Mandoo said:
...this is what keeps me busy all summer...

What...putting reflective tape on your boat trailer? Replacing light bulbs in the garage? What? Rick

fossil said:
Mandoo said:
...this is what keeps me busy all summer...

What...putting reflective tape on your boat trailer? Replacing light bulbs in the garage? What? Rick

Nice catch on the bulbs! I think the trailer tape is required (they all have it)

BTW I do try to conserve where possible it just sounds Hypocritical coming from me so I just try my best to conserve by arriving faster!

Need to see a pic from the stern. Looks to be ~36', maybe 10 tons or so, but the lens is deceiving, of course...Triple axle trailer. Where do you race it? Lakes, I assume, unless you drag it all the way from Ohio to the ocean. Been a boat guy all my life, in one way or another...until I retired from the Navy. No more boats for me, but I still really like scoping out other folks' boats. She's a beauty...but I still wanna know what's under her hood and what you do with her. Rick

Mandoo said:
You guys should be ashamed of yourselves I thought this Forum was about being "green" and the support of conserving fossil fuel!
What...my bike didn't count?

Status
Not open for further replies.