Separate intake vent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wagmc

Nov 21, 2015
Dallas
our existing fireplace has a plenum through the back wall for outside air intake. It's a wood burner (we have gas logs) and the existing stainless exhaust flue is in good condition. The problem is that this sucker leaks cold air into the house; you can actually feel the draft across the floor.

I'm looking for a sealed direct vent fireplace, but I want to use the existing outside air source for intake, and use the existing chimney for exhaust. Not coaxial, and not requiring to run new ducts up the existing flue.

But all of the models I find are either coaxial or colinear, and I can't find one with separate intake and exhaust openings.

Any suggestions?

Change your mind & go with what's out there that has been tested & works.
Get a co-linear set up & be done with it.
Do not mess around with the venting of gas burning units.
The results can be deadly.

Reactions: barmstrong2
Status
Not open for further replies.