September Upon Us

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
Want to wish you all a safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend, the last weekend of the official summer season around here! What are some of you doing? Spending time with the wood piles? A nice lawn chair, cooler of ice cold beers and a hunting magazine next to the piles.?? I might just try that!

Spent last weekend playing with friends and family just so i could spend the long weekend getting some stuff finished around here. Yes, that does include wood related chores...like finish moving the wood to pallet island - wood shed of sorts.

Adirondackwoodburner said:
Want to wish you all a safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend, the last weekend of the official summer season around here! What are some of you doing? Spending time with the wood piles? A nice lawn chair, cooler of ice cold beers and a hunting magazine next to the piles.?? I might just try that!
Sounds like a great time!

Camping with the wife, dogs, and friends (couple and 2 young daughters on their first camping trip!). The dogs love being outdoors the whole weekend relaxing. I took down some standing dead trees for our fire. Good excuse to burn.

chloedrunk1.jpg

Next weekend is a kiln firing. I'll take pics.

where are you camping

Adios Pantalones said:
Camping with the wife, dogs, and friends (couple and 2 young daughters on their first camping trip!). The dogs love being outdoors the whole weekend relaxing. I took down some standing dead trees for our fire. Good excuse to burn.

chloedrunk1.jpg

That pic is priceless!

Sunday we're headed over to some friends' annual shindig. This year the menu includes fire-pit roasted Antelope, Wild Boar, Buffalo, Turkey, Pig, and Venison...plus all the side dishes and salads and desserts and everything everyone brings. Horseshoe tournament, live band, beer & wine. I'll undoubtedly need a designated driver...or a hammock or something. Rick

We'll be heading north to the hills for a potlatch at our friend's property. They have the yurt we'll be installing the Morso in next month.

The wife and I are camping with my Bro, his wife, and their 15 month old daughter. Forcast calls for sunny and low 80's will nightime lows in the high 50's all weekend. Perfect!

fossil, now that sounds like a grand time!

getting 'the guys' to come over in hopes of free beer, but they will be helping me install the blockoff plate in the firepalce, then the PE summit Insert!!!

AP, where'd you ever get a pic of sawdust relaxing on the sofa in the first place? Rick

If it isn't raining I will be cleaning chimneys.

We're gonna be finishing the last of the fireplace install this weekend. Just have the tile on the floor to lay, after that its off to our small county fair. Can't miss the cake auction though on Friday night, best show in town. A lot of the kids do a cake decorating thing that are judged then sold. It gets nuts, of course the kids keep all the money so its all good. Seen them go for as much as $110 already.

I convinced my boss' kids to make this one last year. She did it more for a joke than anything but hey took 3rd place and sold for $60.00 bucks! Can't wait to see whats there this year.

cake.jpg

cake2.jpg

Yup you guessed it.....a cat box complete with tootsie rolls and a litter scoop. :p

Have an enjoyable weekend everyone....

You too, savage! Rick

At first, I was "why is he showing pics of a litter box?", then, when the light bulb came on, I was
happy0198.gif

That's funny :lol:

Adios Pantalones said:

chloedrunk1.jpg

A cord of wood $200; A ton of pellets $300; A Harman stove$4,000; This picture PRICELESS!

RAY_PA said:
getting 'the guys' to come over in hopes of free beer, but they will be helping me install the blockoff plate in the firepalce, then the PE summit Insert!!!

Do they know what they are getting themselves into?? :)

sonnyinbc said:
RAY_PA said:

Do they know what they are getting themselves into?? :)

not a clue!!!!! ;-P

Let's see....plans for this holiday weekend....
Building more racks to house 3 cords of wood that's being delieverd today....Stacking those three cords of wood.... Picking up the supplies for my hearth pad project....Starting my hearth pad project.

This should keep me busy for a while! ;-)

This is one of my favorite holidays!I really dont care too much for summers heat anymore and its time to be looking foward to fall with its cool nights,colorfull leaves and the first smell of wood burning in the air.We have been lucky this year!not a hot summer!but looks like it may heat up alittle next week with temps in the mid to upper 80s.(would of be 90s to near 100 if it happened in july).No big plans for the holiday!a cookout with family and puttering around the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.