Sequel to "Seasoned Wood"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NextEndeavor

Burning Hunk
Jan 16, 2011
Southern Iowa
We are well into our third winter of wood heat. I must report: Seasoned wood, what a pleasure! Decided to start another thread even though my findings are a "ditto" to many others who already agree. I can hardly believe what a difference this year has been. We are heating the entire house, nearly effortlessly, often getting the place too warm, 80 plus degrees. All this on what seems like half the wood of our first year. If I don't start the saw again, we can go 4 more years with what is C/S/S out back. But, I enjoy C/S/S-ing too much to stop, must have the obsession.

It is as it should be! Well done!

pen

An awful lot of problems go away when burning truly seasoned wood. Life is good when the burning is easy.

We are well into our third winter of wood heat. I must report: Seasoned wood, what a pleasure! Decided to start another thread even though my findings are a "ditto" to many others who already agree. I can hardly believe what a difference this year has been. We are heating the entire house, nearly effortlessly, often getting the place too warm, 80 plus degrees. All this on what seems like half the wood of our first year. If I don't start the saw again, we can go 4 more years with what is C/S/S out back. But, I enjoy C/S/S-ing too much to stop, must have the obsession.

This post should be kept for all new wood burners to read. There is much wisdom there.

4 years worth of wood is great! Let us know when you have 5 years on hand! Be sure that you also go over to the Wood Shed every now and then too for even more information and please share your knowledge as well.

Dry wood makes all the difference. We had Sandy blow off one of our tarps and give everything a good soaking. This wood is still better than what we had last year.

Yep
You have to experience burning well seasoned dry wood before you know how much better it really is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.