Sequoya E3300

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOutdoors

May 12, 2008
Lempster, NH
Well since no one really owns one, I don't know if you'll be able to help. I seem to be running into a problem. When the unit calls for the blower to kick in, the boiler will start to chug like a friggin locomotive. I shut down the boiler and called the manufacturer and spoke to Rick. He thought I should adjust the RO setting, so I did. I went from 10 down to 5, then down to 3. It seems to be doing the same thing? I cleaned out the ashes thinking something may be blocking the "fire brick maze", but still get the shaking. I noticed when I opened the door there didn't seem to be a good bed of coals. Once the door was open the fire caught and started to flame up nice and hot. I have been burning less than desirable wood. It's all hard wood and pine scraps from the barn I built, but it's not fully seasoned. I really loaded it up with the pine scraps today which are 1x10 barn boards. It doesn't do this all the time, so I'm wondering if the pine scraps aren't providing a good bed of hot coals? Any thoughts?

Sounds like what my Adobe would do when I burned slab wood in it. With all the surface area of the scraps ---too much combustion gas and not enough oxygen to burn it up?????

No problems today burning regular split hardwood. I think your right. The 1x10 pine boards were moist and when I stacked them up, they made a 10x10 wet log which I believe would not dry out and let the stove do it's thing. Another lesson learned!

Status
Not open for further replies.