Sequoyah OWB's??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heaterman

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2007
Falmouth, Michigan
Got a call from a customer who has a Sequoyah OWB that needs to be rewired. Seems he had a little problem and things got hot. He attempted to rewire the boiler but it won't work.........

Anyway, I'm trying to find Sequoyah on line and the website I found doesn't seem to work.
Are they still in business? I'd like to find a wiring diagram before we head up there to see what's going on.

Got a call from a customer who has a Sequoyah OWB that needs to be rewired.
Seems he had a little problem and things got hot.
He attempted to rewire the boiler but it won't work.........

Anyway, I'm trying to find Sequoyah on line and the website
I found doesn't seem to work.
Are they still in business?
I'd like to find a wiring diagram before we head up there to
see what's going on.

Hey heaterman, If its the green actual "Sequoyah" model it has 600 gallon capacity.

Rich went out of business almost 6+- years ago when the EPA started the
newest round of regulations about the OWB

He used standard controls like every other builder as he wanted to make
them simple to own, operate, repair and be able to obtain parts locally if needed.

He also had then built to burn nut coal and ear corn as well with shaker grates.

Its a real shame as he used boiler plate in all his boilers.

I think Royal in Reedsburg, WI might have bought them or the design. It does not appear that they sell any thing similar though. The original ones were made in Mauston, WI.

I believe this company may have been tied in with Sequoyah somehow. Maybe call them and see if they have any info.

http://www.badgerinsulatedpipe.com/main.sc

Further evidence of the tie between Badger and Sequoyah, see contact at bottom of page.

http://www.pr.com/press-release/342081

gg

Interesting, Ed over here was selling black ones as of three years ago. They came out with a gassification model. Looked well built. If I remember correctly it was like a refrigerator, tall with two full size left and right doors that opened before you could actually get to the loading door. I had literature around but am sure it went to the way side by now. I almost bought one until I did further research on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.