Serenity saga

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for update..Are you still using stove when home ?? Coldest temps for winter coming my way..

No I replaced it with the Ravelli

It's here
IMG_20160217_141501_zpsksfyozb9.jpg

unboxed the new stove and opened the door and first thing I noticed is the the back steel plate is welded much better then it was on my stove, mine had no stitch welds around the edge and less plug welds so the weld issue was definately addressed.
IMG_20160217_181248_zps5abfa2at.jpg IMG_20160217_182809_zps5axmqzus.jpg

It looks like that rectangle tube brace is in a slightly different position than my stoves.

It makes me happy to hear of your great service from a company that sells low price point stoves. So far, so good with mine.

Reactions: GT_Sharp
Maybe yours isn't the only one that had welds pop if they are a little different now. I looked at your pics above and the welds look pretty good to me too. All and all they were fairly quick on fixing the problem and replacing your stove. I'm still very impressed that they just made it right. Way right!

Most stoves (Harmans included) once you buy it you are on your own pretty much. Ardisam is OK in my book. Are they the main US supplier of the Serenity. Or does Ace, HD, etc; get these stoves thru them too? I noticed you updated your signature and you should still be singing the praises of the Serenity and Ardisam. I look at it as Castle or the manufacturer working out some kinks and quality control issues. At least we know they are doing the right thing and trying. These stoves are fairly new models and haven't been ran thru the mill yet.

What I like to see is the changes that were made instead of just replacing it with another stove with possibly weak welds.

Ardisam is the US distributor for the Serenity so all sellers get the stoves through them.I look back at the first castle stove and what they have done with improvements it's very impressive and shows that they want to sell a good product, with great support.

Ardisam is the US distributor for the Serenity so all sellers get the stoves through them.I look back at the first castle stove and what they have done with improvements it's very impressive and shows that they want to sell a good product, with great support.
I will have to look inside of my stove next time its off to see the welds

Reactions: rich2500
Hello everyone,

Sorry to dig up an old thread here. I'm new to this forum and new to pellet stoves. I just ordered up a Castle Serenity (12327) after reading all the reviews and mostly positive feedback surrounding this stove. I ordered it from Ace Hardware and got it for $899 plus tax. It should be arriving for store pick up in a week or less. I'm hoping someone out there can help me in selecting the appropriate L-vent kit for this stove. I intend to do the install myself so any guidance or help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks! Pete

Reactions: Deezl Smoke
Awesome deal. That's the same price and place I paid for mine. Just get a wall thimble that has an outside air tube in it and is made for the smaller 3" pellet piping..

If you can get a heavy duty hearth pad all the better. They're not that heavy of stove, but thin, light pads dont fair too well over the long term.

The instructions are really not all that bad. Be sure to use high temp sealant at all joints and even though it may be a pita, make sure to install the proper size and amount of screws into the adapter at the rear of the stove to hook the exhaust piping to.

To add to what Deezl already said, how do you plan on running the venting, out and then up or up and out, I would not recommend just going straight out and definitely plan to install an outside air kit. Might be a good idea to start a new post once you have the stove and ready to start installing and folks here can help walk you through the instillation so you get it done right the first time around.

Reactions: Deezl Smoke
Thanks so much for the quick replies! I'm planning to go up and then out. I'll start a new post once I have the stove and other components in hand. Thanks again and I'll be in touch soon.

Reactions: rich2500
@Rich. I am wondering if the metallic sounds started all at once or was a slow gradual process? I have heard a few sounds from my Castle Serenity that sound new. So far, they have not increased. Probably just paranoid, I hope. I bought mine around November 2015. When did you get yours? What's your serial number on the Serenity in question? Hope it's not close to mine.

Thanks

Manufacture date was 10/24/13
Serial # 002450
I'm sure yours is fine but double check to see if your back wall in the firebox is welded along the edges, my first one was not but the new one is.

Reactions: Jake86
Status
Not open for further replies.