Serial number and date of manufacture on an NC30?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astrodon

Dec 2, 2007
MI
Where are they? I have a big silver plate on the back of my NC30 that is very hard to read once the stove is installed.!!! I managed to get a photo of it with my iphone and it has a stamped 5 digit number labeled "WHI-" and another 3 digits stamped off to the right of that that are not labeled. I need these to order some spare parts and was hoping someone here might know if these are the serial number and date of manufacture?

Thanks,
Don

Mine both had the stuff on a sticker on the manual too. At least the serial number was. They know when they made it by that.

Of course you called or emailed that stuff in when you registered it for warranty didn't you? >>

Mine both had the stuff on a sticker on the manual too.

No stickers in my manual and I have looked over all the paperwork from Home Depot as well and no numbers. Oh well, I was hoping to order this weekend, but maybe I'll have to wait until I can call them next week.

Give them a call. The parts in the 30 haven't changed. What are you wanting to order? The one I bought last spring is exactly like the one I bought in 2006.

If you are getting that "early" kit it is a great deal over their list prices for the parts. Especially with what they usually charge for shipping stuff.

Yup. I'm in need of some new baffles and thought I would order the overhaul kit that includes all the gaskets as well. The site says to include the serial number and date of manufacture. I was under the impression that the doors have changed ever so slightly over the years and maybe that affects the gaskets?

Call 'em & tell 'em when & where you bought it...I betcha they'll be able to fix you right up. Rick

Yup. I'm in need of some new baffles and thought I would order the overhaul kit that includes all the gaskets as well. The site says to include the serial number and date of manufacture. I was under the impression that the doors have changed ever so slightly over the years and maybe that affects the gaskets?

The # to the right (3 digits) is the Manufacturer date and the WH # is the serial number and model is 30-NC.

Here is a pic of mine. Made 11/10 and serial number to the left.

I just ordered the blower and the Early bird gasket kit last week. The blower seems well built...

Good luck

2012-08-11_10-17-12_794.jpg

Thanks Dexterday! That is what I was hoping to find out. I finally was able to read the numbers on mine and it looks like it was made 03/07. Like yours, on mine the digits for the month were not stamped very well and were hard to read.

The month was very light. Mine could almost be 1/10 and the one was double stamped? ?

Either way, glad you got it figured out...

Status
Not open for further replies.