Serious Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ciji.burnup

Feb 24, 2015
Carthage NY
My pellet stove (2008 New Englander 25PDVC) is shutting itself down and the bottom auger stops. When I take the bottom auger motor off and hook it up it still turns but not when attached to the auger. I had to order a new vacuum switch and have circumvented the current one so that it still runs and it was doing fine for about a week. I also ordered a combustion blower because it was making a lot of noise. anyone have any idea why it would turn itself off? The first time it happened I made sure to clean everything. Then it ran for about an hour or two and shut down again.

Combustion motor-aka exhaust fan may well be getting hot do to wear, bearings needing oil, dust bunnies plugging the windings or are just wore out and the thermal protection is shutting it down.

Also check all your door gaskets.. Do the dollar bill test make sure the fire box is sealed up tight and not loosing vacuum and shutting the stove down

6 years, time for a new one...............

Reactions: GT_Sharp
Status
Not open for further replies.