Service for Wood Gun

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rlofty

Dec 31, 2014
Massachusetts
I am new to wood furnaces having just bought a house that has a woodgun180. I did receive a short tutorial from previous owner but would like more in depth. Also want to make sure it is operating efficiently. I do also have oil furnace as backup and seem to be burning oil as well as wood. I know there will be some crossover when I shut down to clean etc but just not sure how it all coordinates. Was hoping to find someone who services these or installs in MA

I think that's your best bet, though you might have problems finding someone locally. Wood gasification systems are quite a bit different in some ways from conventional oil and gas systems, and a lot of HVAC pros really don't know that much about them. Unfortunately, the Wood Gun has some significant differences from most other gasifiers, making the process of doping out your system even more challenging. I guess I'd ask around at local HVAC supply houses to see if anyone knows who to call. That said, with the help of the people on this website, you ought to be able to figure it out yourself, which is the best long term strategy.

rlofty,

Here is the contact information for you for the makers of your boiler.(In case you don't already have it.) They have good customer service. You can also learn to do a lot of the stuff yourself. Especially with the help of the guys in the boiler room. There are several Wood Gun owners who frequent here, good guys and can be very helpful. Just pose your questions and sooner or later they will chime in. But be careful of those guys from Long Island, NJ, PA, CT, ME, VT....... ;lol

Alternate Heating Systems
2393 Little Egypt Rd
Harrisonville, PA 17228

[email protected]
Phone: (717) 987-0099
Fax: (717) 987-0055

Welcome lofty.
Are you burning now? There is a learning curve to operating any type of wood burning system. The HVAC guy's will probably be familiar with (or recognize) the heat dist. & piping only and not so much on the operation of any particular boiler. Like Gas said, get the operating instructions from AHS and post your questions here also.

Status
Not open for further replies.